email@example.com 07766 707119
Would you like to learn techniques to feel calm and confident about your upcoming birth? Would you like your birth partner to understand his or her role in supporting you and protecting your relaxed state?
This combined workshop with myself and Hypnobirthing teacher Deborah Pryn of Riverside Hypnobirthing, will give you:
* the science behind using relaxation techniques to utilise natural pain killers and increasing oxytocin (love hormone)
* practice of a range of breathing techniques and visualisations to achieve calm, and thus feel in control whatever the situation
* an understanding of the mechanics of birth and practice of positioning and movements to faciliate your baby's arrival
* an opportunity to discuss in detail how to respond to different scenarios and tailor your birth preferences.
* four relaxation tracks and a folder of handouts.
Workshops every two months. Ideal from 30 weeks pregnant.
Next workshop Sunday 14th January 10-3pm, Church House, Caversham. (Other dates likely to be March 18th, May 13th, July 15th, August 12th, October 7th, November 25th - please contact me to express your interest.)
To book your place, please visit the shop page and choose the Hypno / Active Birth Workshop option. The investment of £89 is for you and your birthing partner together, including refreshments, the relaxation tracks and folder of handouts. (I also run the Active Birth component separately for individual couples or groups as demand requires.)
"I really enjoyed today's workshop, for me it was the perfect length & a good mix of practical breathing techniques, relaxation exercises, & general information about what is going on in my body during birth.
Until today I had no idea how the muscles in my uterus contract during labour - its something very simple to tell expectant mothers yet in all of the materials I've read I've not come across this at all. I think it also made my husband realise why this is important to me & how the birth of our child will pan out, & the part both of us can play in remaining as calm & in control as possible (even though I know it's not 100% his thing!).
I feel committed to using the tools I've learnt today in the run up to the birth of our baby as practice, & during labour itself. Thank you. p.s. I would recommend bringing a notebook to anyone attending a future course!" Kate, May 2017
"Gives confidence and helps you feel more relaxed and more prepared" Lucinda & Nic, May 2017
"Very practical and reaffirming about [birth being a] natural process"
Jennie & Craig, May 2017
"Empowering, interesting, practical"
Lucy & Tim, Feb 2017