Sunday 1-5.30pm TBC Dec 2019 or Jan 2020, Church House, Caversham
Do you want a workshop that addresses the physical AND mental aspects of birth? Would you like to learn techniques to feel calm and confident about your upcoming birth? Would you like your birth partner to understand his or her role in supporting you and protecting your relaxed state? Do you want to find out how posture and movement can make all the difference? (Please email me to book)
This workshop is for women who are attending regular pregnancy yoga classes (with me or another teacher) and are committed to listening to the tracks. The concepts I will teach you are actually simple, but it is the practice that will make the difference. We will cover
* the science behind using relaxation techniques to utilise natural pain killers and increasing oxytocin (love hormone)
* practice of a range of breathing techniques and visualisations to achieve calm, and thus feel in control whatever the situation
* an understanding of the mechanics of birth and practice of positioning and movements to faciliate your baby's arrival
* an opportunity to discuss in detail how to respond to different scenarios and tailor your birth preferences.
* access to an online platform of resources, including four relaxation tracks, and a folder of handouts.
Ideal from 30 weeks pregnant.
Venue: Church House, Caversham.
To book your place, please visit the shop page and choose the Hypno / Active Birth Workshop option. The investment of £119 is for you and your birthing partner together, including refreshments, the relaxation tracks and folder of handouts.
"I really enjoyed today's workshop, for me it was the perfect length & a good mix of practical breathing techniques, relaxation exercises, & general information about what is going on in my body during birth.
Until today I had no idea how the muscles in my uterus contract during labour - its something very simple to tell expectant mothers yet in all of the materials I've read I've not come across this at all. I think it also made my husband realise why this is important to me & how the birth of our child will pan out, & the part both of us can play in remaining as calm & in control as possible (even though I know it's not 100% his thing!).
I feel committed to using the tools I've learnt today in the run up to the birth of our baby as practice, & during labour itself. Thank you. p.s. I would recommend bringing a notebook to anyone attending a future course!" Kate, May 2017
"Gives confidence and helps you feel more relaxed and more prepared" Lucinda & Nic, May 2017
"Very practical and reaffirming about [birth being a] natural process"
Jennie & Craig, May 2017
"Empowering, interesting, practical"
Lucy & Tim, Feb 2017